Everyone wants to look back upon their wedding day with fond memories. It is one of the most monumental days of their life, and one that you would want to live in style. The day itself takes time and a lot of organization, one aspect of the day which is often over looked or left to the last minute is the wedding transport.
Traditionally it is the groom’s responsibility to organize the wedding party transportation, but many grooms are ignorant in this respect. They just lack the knowledge and understanding to know exactly how important this day is for the bride-to-be.
Some grooms even delegate this responsibility to the best man and if you are a bride-to-be and are worried that your future husband lacks the understanding on how important it is to find the best transportation for you, you may just have to do it yourself. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your wedding car hire, even if you don’t know a lot about transportation.
- Think about the journey you will make and who will be in the wedding cars. It is important that you think about where the pick up points are and exactly who you would like to be in the cars. How many bridesmaids, flower girls and pageboys will you be having, this will determine how many cars you will need. If you want to stick to the traditional car then why not consider hiring a classic seven seat Daimler Limousine? Also, think about asking a relative or friend to take any large bags or luggage as not all cars have enough storage space.
- Think about timing and be realistic. Decide on the route of your journey as early as possible and make sure the wedding car hire company knows exactly where you want to go. Some brides like to take a special route to the church, maybe to pass their old school or friends homes, while after the ceremony the bride and groom may want to enjoy a drive round in the wedding car before going to the reception. The car hire company will help you plan a route and timings but consider what you would like. It may be that you need 2 cars in order to get the wedding party to the locations in the right order and on time.
- Think about the car color. It is important that the car you hire complements the color theme of your wedding, so do not go for a bright red wedding car if your theme is ivory and pastel green. It is also worth checking before you sign the hire agreement if the wedding car hire company is willing to match the ribbons and flowers in the car with your dress or color theme.
- Book early. As you would expect, wedding car hire companies are bombarded with requests for their services, particularly on Saturdays and during the summer months. Therefore it is extremely important that you book your wedding car well in advance of your wedding, ideally 12 to 18 months ahead or as soon as you have set the date.
- Think about the style of car. Just as important as getting the color scheme of your car right, you should also ensure that the style of the wedding car reflects the style of your wedding. If you are going for a traditional or classical style wedding then a classic Rolls Royce Silver Cloud or Daimler Limousine might be the best car option. But if you are planning an original wedding or something a little different, why not look into hiring an Aston Martin DB7 or Morse Jaguar wedding car?
- Think about your dress and your comfort in the car. Like color and style, you will also need to consider the size of the car you hire. You need to make sure that the car is big enough to fit your dress in comfortably, particularly if the dress has a long train. The wedding car hire company will be happy to advise and to show you suitable cars, but consider the style of your outfit and how this may impact on the car that you choose. You will be able to do this by making an appointment to view the cars in person.
- Always see cars before you book. Older cars can vary greatly in their condition, if the cars are garaged all year, they are likely to be of a higher standard and better maintained. You can check that it is the actual car you will get for your wedding, and a reputable company will be happy to invite you to their showroom to view the cars.
- Ask if you get exclusive use of the car. Make sure the wedding car hire company only book one car, per wedding, per day. This means that the car is not double booked and the service is focused on your wedding day only. Some firms only have one or two cars and will try to make as much money as they can during the key wedding season. They may also have to leave for another wedding or charge by the hour with hidden additional costs if your wedding should overrun.
- Ask if the company has public liability insurance. There are many hobbyist wedding car owners out there that do not operate as a proper business. One easy way to sort through these is to check for wedding hire insurance and public liability insurance, it is an expensive cost.
- Ask how the company will prepare for your wedding day. The company should plan the chauffeurs schedules. Each chauffeur should have a full briefing and undergo a dry-run of the route prior to the wedding. This will also check for any disruption on the roads or any plans for roadworks that may cause delays. The cars should be prepared a couple of days before the wedding to ensure they are in tip top condition and decorated in accordance with your requirements.